Monday, October 18, 2010

日本のお正月

  たなかさんはアルバイトをしますから、 
今年のお正月は何もつもる、
それから、

日本人はお正月にたいていうちをそうじして、
ねんがじょうをだすと言っていました。

 たなかさんは日本のえいがのほうが好き、
日本のえいががにんきものからと言っていました。


たなかさんはやすいとおいしいから、かつどんがいちばんすきだといっていました。

My Thoughts
  Japan, just like America, has holidays with traditions and activities that are well known.  And just like America, often holidays go by without us because we have a job, or are to busy, or just didn't think about it.  Tanaka san mailed his nengajou already, but didn't have time for anything else.  He said he liked katsudon because it was delicous and cheap, which is a good enough a reason for anyone to like a food in America.  And he liked Japanese movies better because he knew the actors in them, which is why a lot of us go to the movies - to see a great actor we like.  So this interview showed me that despite the different language and cultural differences, at the core most people are the same.  We like tradition when we have the time for it, we get what good stuff we can for cheap, and we like the familiar.  I found myself wondering how big Hollywood is in Japan, and whether or not Japanese people laugh at our "samurai."  That's my thoughts for now, thanks for reading.

       - Also, I just now find myself wondering if there are any really funny
         stereotyped movies about Americans made in Japan.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yes, for some people in Japan, sedning out ねんがじょうcould be a big pain...

    When I think of any funny stereotyped movies about Americans, I'll let you know. There might be lots of TV commercials featuring Americans and their stereotypical images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know what stereotypes japanese people have of americans. It would probably give some good insight into the japanese culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Brendan said, it would be interesting to know what their stereo types of us are.

    Katsudon sounds interesting, I'd love to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets